Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Moments D499: Sunsets and Synchronicity

Today was a pretty incredible day.  First, I met a lot of new people and was welcomed into a whole new world. And then EQ & I tried to escape the 105F temperature by hopping on his bike and heading over the mountains to the ocean.

We failed.

It was just as hot there!  After walking through a small farmer's market, we stopped for a horchata as I had  never had one before.  We paused for awhile to enjoy our horchata at a shaded table.  It was absolutely delightful and a great way to spend watching the sun get lower in the sky.

Around 4pm we made our way to the beach near Dana Point.  There I played in the waves for a bit and then EQ and I  lay on the beach with our backs to the sun.  There we chatted about life, love and what's to come. A beautiful moment in its own right.  But as the sun set and we began to hunger for some dinner, EQ reached out to a dear friend of his that lives in the area.  This is where it gets really good.



We headed our way to the area's well known (it's been in business since 1939!) cafe for dinner.  Harbor House Cafe.  Just as we arrived to the restaurant, EQ sent a text to his friend.  Within seconds he had a response:  "See you in 10 minutes."  Smiles all around.  Talk about great timing!  Not only having connected, but for his friend to have the time to meet up with us for dinner!

Within 5 minutes, one of his dearest friends walked in the door and sat with us and introductions were made.  Shortly into our conversation, we found out that EQ had been invited to a house warming party for his friend and his girlfriend`s new home this coming weekend.  This was news to EQ, even though the invitation had been sent over a month ago!  Done.  We were going.  No doubt about it!

Talk about synchronicity!  Had we not met up with his friend, we never would have known about the house warming party.  AMAZING!  A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Twenty minutes later, the girlfriend joined us, dinner and more laughter ensued.  It was such a wonderful evening.  Watching the sunset with the man I love, then meeting one of his dearest friends (and his girlfriend) and knowing that all of this culminated in not missing out on an important milestone between friends (the house warming).  Incredible how things just fall into place sometimes!

Moments enjoying a sunset.

Moments meeting new friends and finding synchronicity!

No comments:

Post a Comment