Thursday, September 19, 2013

Moments D514: Surprise Gifts

Today was a crazy day at work as I continue to catch up on the workload post vacation. The day seemed to have flown by.  Head down, day starts.  Head up, day is over.  Wow.  

Before I knew it I was off to volleyball.  Tonight was the final round of tryouts with my competitive all women's league. I was running late due to traffic so when I walked into the gym, it was already full of with teammates. What a joy to enter the gym and have many eyes twinkle, hands waving and smiles greeting you!

As I changed into my gear, I thought back to last year and how intimidated I was by the process of trying out and how I was eager to be part of the team.  My mind wandered to where I was in my life, which, inevitably, brought me round to where I currently am today.  So many changes.  So many things the same, for tonight, after my volleyball fun, I drove up to visit with my BFF once again.  (No stew this year!)  And while volleyball was a ton of fun tonight and was likely to be my moment today, the spotlight was stolen away by my BFF.

The real moment of the my day found me not after a minute in the door of my BFF's house.  She handed a gift.  I was surprised, quizzical.   It turns out, it was the first "couple" gift for EQ and I.  A thank-you gift for, which as a sidebar, was totally unnecessary as EQ & I both love BFF and want to do what we can to help! That being said, it was incredibly thoughtful and I squealed with delight when I realized just what was inside the bag.

So what was it:  matching Jack Skellington shirts for the two of us to wear on my favourite holiday of the year.  So separated by the miles, EQ & I can still share Halloween together in the same shirt.

Damn.  So sweet.

So incredibly thoughtful on so many levels.

I have the bestest friends in the world.  I am a lucky gal.

Moments enjoying reflection and dreaming.

Moments being surprised and loved.





No comments:

Post a Comment