It's always a little nerve wracking when you go to a museum with someone new. Will you like the same exhibits? Will you argue over the merits or qualities of art? Sometimes that generates a great discussion, but in the past, for me, it's always broken down into a conversation that leaves me feeling inept and uncomfortable.
Today when EQ and I visited the Erotic Heritage Museum in Vegas (on our way out of town), I was even more nervous about it. (After all, who wants to disagree about something so intimate?)
As we made our way through the museum, we were both mostly quiet and kept our thoughts to ourselves. I realized that we were likely both being tentative about sharing our thoughts. As we progressed through the collections, we opened up a bit about our thoughts of the art, the collections of memorabilia and other paraphernalia. Interestingly (though I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised!) we realized that we gravitated towards similar pieces of art and collections.
Without knowing it before hand, we were in step with one another. Not only with the content (the line art drawing us in the most), but also in how the museum displayed its wares. Below are a few of the pieces we took photos of. (And yes, we were allowed to!)
Moments realizing that we're coetaneous.
Moments sitting back and smiling that we are.

No comments:
Post a Comment