Sunday, September 8, 2013

Moments D503: Praying Mantis Surprise

Today was a pretty laid back day.  Late to rise, with a little work done in the day's heat before heading out to an evening ride around the city.  Unfortunately we missed sunset at the lake (as we had planned) due to something that popped up, but that's okay because in the end, it's only because of me having time to kill that I found a unique moment to share with you today!

As I was killing time, I was sitting on a big boulder in the parking lot.  Close to the boulder was a praying mantis cozied in a bush.  Being clever, I snuck up on it and took a few pictures of it.



It was as still as a statue!  It was the perfect model.  I was impressed.  (Little did I know at the time.)

After sharing the praying mantis with a couple of other people in the parking lot, and a round or four of photos taken, we came to the realization that the poor thing was dead!  After a good laugh, we all agreed that it was still the perfect model for a photo shoot and continued to take pictures.  Mother nature's joke on us.

Moments respecting nature's space.

Moments realizing that you were wrong and laughing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment