Saturday, September 21, 2013

Moments D516: Baby Energy

Tonight I finally met my friends' "new" baby girl.  She's actually 6.5 months old now.

Yes, I know, I'm a bad friend. {sigh}  Life does that to you sometimes.  I've been too busy with school, work and life to connect with them sooner.  Every time we have tried to connect in the past 6 months, our schedules simply did not synchronize.  And though I felt a little guilty for not getting out to them sooner, I know we tried to connect sooner.

The point is, we connected!  (A celebration in its own right!)  AND we picked up right where we left off and we were quick to fill in all the gaps.  Much has happened in both our respective lives since the last time the three (now four) of us spent an evening over dinner.

Most significantly, (obviously!) they brought this beautiful baby girl into the world.

Watching my friends interact with baby "C" was so incredible.  They were engaged.  They were aware. They were kind and loving and fun both with each other and with C.  A beautiful, strong couple has now morphed into a beautiful strong threesome and their positive energy was tangible.

After a bit of time with Papa after waking from her nap, baby C was handed over to me.  She sat quite comfortably in the nook of my arm and bosom as we sat on the couch.  There she sat content, quietly soaking me. Both of her doting parents noted at how calm and comfortable she was in my arms instead of her being the typical squirmy-worm" she normally is.  Apparently not with me tonight.

And even when I offered C her bottle (which she didn't want it at first) she wasn't fussy or squirmy with me. She just let me know she didn't want it and we continued to just hung out and absorb each other.  I looked deep into her eyes as she stared back trying to figure me out.  She found my hair, and then she found my necklace.  Not too long after she found my glasses, but it was all gentle and soft exploration.  Her energy was so full of light and happiness.

A few minutes later I tried again with C's "Bubba" and she happily took it.  There I was with baby C, calm, quiet and beautiful in my arms.  With her big, bright, calm, warm, blue-grey eyes looking at me, I could feel the love from her.  I could also feel the love from her parents for her.  Beautiful.  It was simply beautiful to watch, to intense to feel and to uplifting discuss the marvels of life and family with my dear friends tonight.  They are so very much in love with their family.  I am happy for them and their new adventures that await.

I've promised myself that it won't be as long between visits again!

Moments reconnecting with dear friends.

Moment enjoying the raw, fresh, exploring energy of a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment