Today I flew home after 15 amazing days away on vacation. I flew into Buffalo and drove to my Mom & Dad's to pick up my kitties before heading home to the Big Smoke. I wasn't in the door for 3 minutes and my Mom was asking if we could Skype with EQ and say goodnight to him before I drove home.
Huh.
Hi Mom. Did you miss me?
Kidding. That moment, however, did make me laugh out loud and welled my heart up to know that she's enjoyed communicating with EQ during our vacation.
EQ kept in touch as we traveled to ensure that she was at ease with the fact that I was riding on the back of a motorcycle for the last part of my vacation. (She really does not like motorcycles and fears them greatly!) Right. Maybe not at ease exactly. Hopefully the communications eased her stress and I know she was relieved to know that we arrived to our scheduled destination each night. (After all, she still has me text her when I drive home, in my car, from their place!)
I think I know why she asked for the Skype session - EQ & I had promised a Skype yesterday but our disparate schedules didn't line up in the end and this morning was a bit of a dash to the airport. She wanted to catch up. In the end, both my Mom and Dad had plenty of insights to share with us.
Nearly an hour later, with much laughter and a few nervous, intimate moments later, we ended our Skype chat. Another 30 minutes with my Mom and Dad revealed that EQ has definitely been welcomed into our family. They are very much looking forward to spending more time with him.
Huh.
Guess it runs in the family.
Moments building relationships.
Moments realizing that the relationship's foundation is built.
No comments:
Post a Comment