Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Moments D243: Words

One of my pet peeves during this time of year is how easily we get lost in the shuffle of the “to-do list”.    Are the decorations perfect?  Did you get cards out to your extended family and friends? The stress of finding the right gift for those that matter most to you, and of course the stress of mgetting your place ready and making a dinner for 20+ people. 

For me, none of that matters.  Tree or no tree.  Turkey or no turkey.  Gifts or not.  None of that matters.  It is about the people.  About sharing words of love, encouragement, respect, appreciation and more. 

Today was that first moment of the season where the words connected with my loved ones.  Words made them pause and breathe and feel loved.  And the best part?  The youngest today told me that I always have the best cards with the best words.  That warmed my soul. 

Words matter for people to really know how you feel.  We all want to know how loved we are and I’m happy to share it!

Tomorrow, I’m sure to see tears in my Mom’s eyes when she reads my card to her.  I look forward to that moment most of all. 

So, if there was one thing I could wish for (that was obtainable) it would be to dig a little deeper and share more loving words over the holidays.   Don’t assume they know.  And hell, even if they do…take the time to remind them.

Moments with comforting words.
Moments to share your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment