Today was the first day back to work after the holidays. The day started early after one of the worst sleeps I’ve had in ages. I was worried that my typical post-holiday work day would be less productive than I needed it to be.
Fortunately, after a long, hot shower and a extra large coffee, I met my morning with a bang and caught up on many things. Not only was it a productive day, I managed to get out on time and home in time to be productive at home.
I had loose plans with two of my besties for holiday dinner. Last minute we agreed to go out in my ‘hood. Having friends drop by for a pre-dinner drink was not something I was ready for, but I couldn’t say no! I thought exploring my neighbourhood haunts was a wonderful idea. (They are uber thoughtful that way!)
The catch? My place looked like a hurricane had hit it post-holiday. I hadn’t planned on guests. And yet, with an hour to spare post-office, I managed to tidy and clean and have the place in tip-top-having-company condition. Nice!
So today’s moment? Productivity. Enjoying the flush of accomplishment and readiness for next steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment