Today I went to my first NFL game. I didn’t know what to expect, but I certainly had hoped that it would be another incredible experience to add to my list.
And that it was. We were running late to get to the game. We missed the kickoff and by the time we had found our seats Seatle already had 14 points on the board. But Buffalo did get their first touchdown in the first quarter too.
And yes, the NFL knows how to do it BIG. Pyrotechnics, canons booming, waving flags and more. The game itself was lacking. (It was a blowout! There really wasn’t much of a competitive game happening.) The highly anticipated hotdog was sad too! (No sauerkraut, nor any pickles!) And while we were surrounded by many intoxicated fans, my moment came to me when I realized that we might be able to score a couple of the Bills towels that were handed out earlier on. People were dropping them left & right!
Side note: My mom is a HUGE Bills fan. Of course she was my first choice to join me on this new adventure. Sadly she had to pass as she had other commitments, but, knowing that she was torn to say no, I know that grabbing her a couple of towels from the game will bring her a very big smile the next time I see her.
And so, the search began for a towel for my Mom. In the end, it really wasn’t that hard - I could have picked up more than the four I went home with! (There were many abandoned at the end of the game!)
That’s my moment of the day, realizing that I’d be able to bring a piece of the game home for my Mom even though she wasn’t able to physically be there.
SCORE!
No comments:
Post a Comment