Now those of you who know me, know that this is right up my alley and likely an adventure that I would have suggested for us to partake in. You would be wrong in that assumption. (What’s that old saying about assumptions….?) This adventure was something that my “older sister” wanted to do free and clear of any input from myself.
Seriously! I swear! In fact my “older sister” made arrangements so that we could stay an extra night just so we could get up early to meet the sun at the horizon. (Of course, who am I to say no? After all, I am who I am! I definitely wanted to join in on this adventure!) As the sun rose, so did we in our hot air balloon high into the silence of the cold morning.
What a beautiful adventure it was, despite the cold and despite the nerves I know she felt. It was such a beautiful, calm, silent moment, watching the sun poke up over the mountain range. And it was a soul recharging moment to feel the heat of its rays upon our faces.
So today, I celebrate yet another huge step made by my “older sister” in her fear of heights (yesterday was climbing/hiking). I have been inspired by her motivation to push her limits. I have been inspired by her positive spirit and belief in herself, for I heard her tell another friend tonight “if I can do it, YOUcan do it.”
Yes she was digging deeper and for that I respect my “older sister” that much more. If only we all pushed ourselves a little harder every day as I watch her do over the past couple of days.
Moments to forget fear.
Moments to celebrate the silence of nature from 2000+ feet above ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment