Today was a day filled with many positive moments and words. Afterall, we were on the cusp of the dawn of 2013. Who isn’t inspired by the promise of a new start. An opportunity to reach for old dreams and to dream new ones.
But today’s best moment was when my oldest friend’s house party officially started. An intimate group of 7. Old friends, and new. Together we discussed the woes of the world, dreams of the past, and silly dreams of “what if”.
These are people I love (even those newest to the group). And, while I wasn’t surrounded by all that I love, I was incredibly happy to be sharing this special moment with this special group.
As the year rolled over, we kissed and hugged and had sparklers to celebrate. I then called and texted those missing in person.
And then there was a moment, where I felt apart from it all. A voyeur. I watched as old & new friends mixed and mingled. It was beautiful and a brilliant way to bring in 2013.
Moments of shared dreams.
Moments of shared love.
No comments:
Post a Comment