Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Moments D154: Sharing Love & Light

Today was a roller coaster emotionally for me. I spent two hours of my day waiting for my Doctor who was running late. Once I finally met with her, I find out that my appointment was (for all intents and purposes) a waste of time. No need for blood work, no need to worry. We’ll do all that at my physical in the new year.

This lost time did not make things easy for me at work. I am behind (again) on planning. I hate being behind. I am proactive person. I like to plan and I like to be ahead of the game. There is simply too much on my plate here and I am always running behind. I’m tired of this feeling and frustrated. I try to pull positive energy from where I can to combat this.

Later in the day, the news was on the other end of the scale. I made the competitive women’s league. I was ECSTATIC and shared the news with all who cared. The love and support that came back billowed my spirits. My people. I LOVE my people. Good caring souls. I am a fortunate person to have so many in my life.

But this wasn’t this moment that made my soul smile (as good as it was). It was the moment where I reached out to a friend in need. You see, his father isn’t well and he is many miles away. My friend’s heart and soul is aching from the situation. I sent him a simple text message. His reply made me smile and I knew that for one very brief moment he felt a little better.

Later in the day, a co-worker had to leave work because his ailing mother had been admitted to the hospital with organ failure. He had emailed me to let me know so I could inform the others. I immediately got up from my desk and went into his office and put my arms out for a hug. He was resistant, he said he hadn’t been feeling well and didn’t want to spread the cold. I rebuffed him. No way. I am giving you a hug man. Cold be damned.

I could feel him absorb that moment. And for me, THIS is what life is about. All those little things that we worry about, all the big things that stress us out; bottom line it’s about people and taking care of each other.

Later yet in my evening, I had another friend reach out for my energy. At this point, I was exhausted from my day, but I dug deep and found reserves for him. Because people matter. Having the people in your life know how much they are loved matters.

Moments of sharing your love and light.

Moments with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment