Saturday, September 29, 2012

Moments D157: Music

Today I spent the majority of my day working. Yes. A Saturday. I went into the office to try to plow through the excess. SUCCESS!

While I was working through the piles of necessary data crunching, I was enjoying my tunes. Loud. After all the office was empty! I happily enjoyed singing at the top of my lungs and while managing to get my work done.

This seemed to be the theme of the day. Later, a lazy late afternoon into the evening laying on the couch brought more songs and music videos. The first played for me was my new favourite song. “Just Give Me a Reason” is one of P!nk’s new songs that I’ve fallen in love with and it couldn’t have been a more perfect song to start ME time with. (After all I had listened to it in the car, over and over again…I think I’d like to learn how to play this one on the piano….) I love the piano. I love the sentiment of not being broken but bent and fixable. We are all bent in one way or another, but never, ever broken.

Later as I was getting ready for dinner another song came to my ears and it was this moment that I smiled and clocked. Even though my day was filled with music, songs, lyrics and moments, it was this particular song that made me smile. It brought me back in time, to a place where I was at a crossroads. That moment, from months ago was confusing but filled with hope. It reminded me to stay in the moment. To not get ahead of myself, but to be here, in the now.

It reminded me how much I love music and singing.

It reminded me how much I’ve I miss playing piano and singing along. I think P!nk’s latest song will be the inspiration I need to pull out my keyboard and learn a new song to play and sing along to. That’s kind of a cool moment!

Moments of new music.

Moments of old music.

No comments:

Post a Comment