Today was the end of my brief mini-vacation with myself. As usual, time seemed to fly by and I was surprised as I wasn’t sure how spending three days on my own would really go. (i.e. would they drag out or would they zip by? - they zipped!)
Today’s moment is actually two separate moments. I can’t help myself - I need to share both! And instead of Jiminy Cricket we end up with Jack Cricket! (Yes, silly fun!)
While this morning was focused on work I managed to get out to the sun and pool by 2pm. I laid their and read and soaked in the sun’s warmth. At one point, I am enjoying the silence and the next I’m enjoying the chorus of crickets chirping. As I turned over I stopped to pull out my water bottle from my bag. My bag slightly moved and the cricket’s song paused. I merely thought that was because of the sound my bag made on the ground. But as I lifted up my bag to bring it closer to me I noticed the cricket. It was hiding under my bag! Here it was, that entire time right beside me singing away. What a glorious moment that was which brought a big smile to my face and few kind comments for the cricket.
Later, on my way home, I was passed by a pickup truck. On its windows at the back are two decals of one of my most favourite characters of all time. Jack Skellington. Like this one:
Today’s moment is actually two separate moments. I can’t help myself - I need to share both! And instead of Jiminy Cricket we end up with Jack Cricket! (Yes, silly fun!)
While this morning was focused on work I managed to get out to the sun and pool by 2pm. I laid their and read and soaked in the sun’s warmth. At one point, I am enjoying the silence and the next I’m enjoying the chorus of crickets chirping. As I turned over I stopped to pull out my water bottle from my bag. My bag slightly moved and the cricket’s song paused. I merely thought that was because of the sound my bag made on the ground. But as I lifted up my bag to bring it closer to me I noticed the cricket. It was hiding under my bag! Here it was, that entire time right beside me singing away. What a glorious moment that was which brought a big smile to my face and few kind comments for the cricket.
Later, on my way home, I was passed by a pickup truck. On its windows at the back are two decals of one of my most favourite characters of all time. Jack Skellington. Like this one:
For me it was a sign of a wonderful weekend meant to be for me. It too brought a huge smile to my face as I headed home. A great way to end my weekend adventure.
Thus the blog of Jack Crickets!
Moments of silence and warmth.
Moments of song.
Moments to smile and appreciate.
Moments of silence and warmth.
Moments of song.
Moments to smile and appreciate.

No comments:
Post a Comment