Today was a most uneventful day. This morning a short workout. Today a day filled with productivity at work. This evening, filled with productivity with my homework. But today’s moment isn’t about productivity and feeling good about plowing through so much “stuff” Today’s moment is about enjoying a moment of quiet at home.
This past summer has been a busy one. Between baseball and volleyball and friends I haven’t really been home a whole lot. Tonight I was home. Tonight I was really home. I enjoyed left overs, so there wasn’t much work to be done once I was home from work. There was no frantic pace.
There was a moment this evening where I looked up from reading my textbook and just absorbed the silence. I didn’t have any music playing, nor the TV on. The only sounds I could hear were muffled from outside. (After all it’s chilly out and the windows are now closed.) What a treat. Silence. Quiet. It was brilliant and I enjoyed that moment for a good long time. Yes. I think I am happy in my new space. It’s not perfect, but it’s comfortable and honestly, I’m very happy with comfortable for now.
Moments of quiet.
Moments to pause and absorb the silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment