Saturday, September 8, 2012
Moments D137: Decals
Today has been an incredibly introspective, lazy day. Waking later than normal after crashing last night later than normal, my day had a slow start. I have had much time to myself with my thoughts and emotions. I must say: “Bravo me for enforcing the boundary.”
It hasn't been easy for me to keep my isolation and focus on me today as I had planned, but at the end of the day, I’ve managed to do just that. It’s been a good day. It’s been an interesting journey through time, emotions , wants and needs.
But today’s special moment is actually a silly one. With so much seriousness and depth, I felt it was necessary to do something silly for myself. While out I stopped at the local drug store and picked up some nail polish and nail decals. I’ve never used nail decals before, but today they were on sale and there were dragonflies in the package. And so, this evening I painted my nails and added the cute and silly decals to my nails. When I look at them, I smile and giggle a wee bit. It’s silly but it makes me smile. Dragonfly decals. Yes. That’s my moment today. My moment that stole me away from the seriousness – it was like a breath of fresh air.
Moments to be silly.
Moments of fresh perspectives.
Labels:
moments,
nail decal,
silly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment