Monday, September 17, 2012

Moments D146: Digging in

Heading back to school after an emotionally draining 9 month hiatus seems strange. I’m not sure I have the drive I once did for this part of my life. I shouldn’t be so hard on myself, it’s only the second week of class. But, finding myself behind already due to an implementation of a fall reading week at the university. What? Really? Why? Well, apparently it’s good for the students’ mental health. Hmmm. My mental health would be better if I didn’t find myself behind after the first class due to a crammed schedule.

No matter. Today’s moment is about digging in and getting a good handle on the semester to come. I’ve been able to make some serious progress on my required readings and while I’m not 100% prepared for class number 2 tomorrow, I’m very close. That makes me feel good. I’ve accomplished something important to me today and that makes me smile.

Moments to focus.

Moments to work.

Moments to roll up your sleeves and just dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment