Today was the last round of volleyball tryouts for the all women’s competitive league. It’s typically a 40 minute drive from work. Today, it took me 2 hours to get there. I was late. Thirty minutes late. They were already playing. I jumped in. No warm up. Not even touching the ball. I was flustered. I was cold. I didn’t play very well at first.
But after the first (crappy) game, I began to warm. The 2 hours in the car melted away with every touch of the ball. And before I knew it, the tryout was over. I had fun (I always do). I had a couple of great spikes and saves. In the end, I wasn’t completely disappointed with my performance. I won’t know until early next week if I made one of the leagues teams, but I’m certainly hopeful!
And post tryout, I headed to my BFF’s house for the evening for a proper catch up. I wasn’t in the door 5 minutes and I had a glass of red wine. Score one. Best friends know these things. Five minutes later I a bowl of warm beef stew with a side of super sassy hot hot sauce. Oh my. I was in heaven. After all, I hadn’t had dinner yet! Within 10 minutes of being in her house I had wine, tasty stew with sassy hot sauce and a fabulous conversation in the works. Oh yes. That was my best moment of the day. Food and friends. Yup. Honestly, I think that really sums me up sometimes. Food and friends. It’s the best (delicious!) way to leave all the rest of the day behind and to focus on the important things!
Moments for friends.
Moments with food.
No comments:
Post a Comment