Sunday, September 23, 2012

Moments D152: Dinner Invitations

Today was a day filled with homework and general puttering around the house. (You know, those receipts that need to be filed and those emails that you were waiting to read?) It was a good productive day and just as I was about to start thinking about what I should make myself for dinner, my best-boys texted me to invite me over for dinner.

Totally out-of-the-blue. Unexpected.

I was worried I might not get all of my homework done (or at least not enough of it done for me to be comfortable to go out)…so I asked for a 1 hour window before replying.

I worked my butt off in that hour. How much can a gal get done in an hour with the right reward to follow? Believe me when I say, a whole lot. I even managed to squeeze in a workout that I wanted to get in!

And so, I accepted the last minute dinner invitation. My evening was much more than I thought it would be because of this. Tears, laughter and many hugs.

Gosh it was good to see two of my best friends. I haven’t seen them in a long time. Too long really. We vowed to do this again. Soon.

Here’s hoping we have more spontaneous dinner invitations around the corner.

Moments of spontaneity.

Moments with friends & food.

No comments:

Post a Comment