Saturday, September 1, 2012

Moments D130: Rays of Sun

Today was a lazy day. I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing and I lazily pulled myself out of bed mid-morning. This was a first for me, in many, many weeks.

The morning was bright and beautiful outside but instead of getting out and enjoying the sun, I hunkered down and dealt with some unpacking and organizing that needed to be done. By early afternoon I felt I had accomplished something and I was ready to get out of the apartment, so I headed to our baseball team pool party.

It was a quiet gathering (at that point in time anyways), but lovely none-the-less. The moment that brought me the most joy and smiles though was not the cannon ball into the pool nor lazing in the cool waters for a bit….it was when I jumped into the floating chair. Once in the chair, I closed my eyes and soaked up the last rays of summer. I was no longer part of the conversation going on around me but I was listening to the banter. It was a moment of quiet and peace amoungst much laughter and words. For me, it was the moment that defined my day. Finding peace and quiet and an appreciation for the sun warming my body.

Moments in sunshine.

Moments in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment