Today’s moment occurred early in my day. I was on my way to work. Running late after a morning of unfortunate events. I was not in the best of moods, knowing the workload that awaited me and the fact that I’d end up working later than I wanted to to make up for the lost time.
As I was stopped at the billionnth (no exaggerations here!) stop light, I watch as the pedestrians crossed the street. There was a motherly looking lady crossing South. She was heavy set, medium in height and black. From the other side, heading North, there was a young, tall, skinny white guy. He wore a hat and had a bit of swagger to his step.
I didn’t see it coming. They paused in the middle of the intersection and embraced. There was an exchange of words during the embrace and as they released one another they both had huge smiles on their faces. And before I knew it they were already on their way, resuming their walk to wherever they were headed.
That moment brought me much joy today. To me they were strangers hugging. Of course, they knew one another, but it was fun to imagine it. Seemingly completely disparate beings meeting randomly in the middle of an intersection to embrace in a hug.
Sometimes I like to imagine a world where we were less caught up in “stuff” and we were more present with people. The world needs more hugs in my opinion and I was tickled by the display today.
So, why not go hug someone today. I’ll bet they could use a hug.
Moments of randomness.
Moments for hugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment