Sunday, September 30, 2012

Moments D158: Terrible Food, Good Company

Today was another day filled with work. Work-work, school-work and personal-work. Not much fun! But there was a light at the end of the tunnel….my baseball banquet.

I almost didn't join my summer baseball team, after all, I hadn't played in nearly 20 years. But I wanted to, perhaps I even needed to, be outside and busy this past summer, so I joined.

I can’t tell you how happy I am that I joined this league. Not only were my team mates amazing, but I also met some fun umpires and people from the competition that I can now call friends. All amazing people. So many laughs and smiles over the summer with this crew. I feel that my life is more having had this experience. But I digress…..

Tonight was the banquet. We had a choice of roast beef or chicken for dinner. Sadly, neither dish was very good. Both options were overcooked. I would have been happier with a plate filled with the side salad and called it a night!

But instead of really noticing the food, I noticed the company. The people around me. I wasn’t upset at the terrible food, I was elated by the energy of the good people around me. The stories, the outright giggles and guffaws. It is moments like these that I believe fills our souls. Happy, silly moments when you don’t care if your food sucks, you are just so darned happy to be there.

Moments with new friends.

Moments of laughter and giggles.

#moments #friends #baseball #laughter #food

No comments:

Post a Comment