Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Moments D155: Spidergirl

Today’s moment was a silly one and it occurred early in the day. (Honestly, I’m thankful that it did because the end of my day turned out to be a disaster and I was in no place to honestly see any smiles around me.)

Looking back, I think I really needed a silly moment today. I needed something that stopped to make me smile without thinking about it. I appreciate the universe working with me on this! The energies around me the past couple of days have been confusing, exhilarating and soul growing. From a colleague’s mother’s passing, to my BFF dealing with her childhood cat’s last days to dealing with my own personal direction in life.

Sometimes we need a silly moment to break through.

This morning, I stopped at Starbucks for an Americano. As I was leaving there was a little girl, about 5, sitting alone at the table nearest to the door. She was tapping her leg against the chair and the sound caught my attention to pause and look at her. As soon as my eyes connected with her I felt the smile spread upon my face. She was dressed in a spidergirl dress. It was so sparkly and fun and silly and plain all at the same time.
 
There were no masks, no makeup. Just a cute little girl in her spidergirl dress. It was a moment that reminded me of my favourite holiday and how much I once loved it.

I’m not sure how easy this year’s Halloween will be for me. It was the beginning of the end of an 11 year relationship for me a year ago. It wasn’t pretty. And as the date draws closer I have mixed feelings about it.

But, for one brief moment today. I relived my love of the holiday. I send thanks to the universe for sending me that moment.

Moments of unexpected smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment