Sunday, May 13, 2012

Moments - D18; Death & Baptisms

Today started early for me - 4:50am. I was on a train to Ottawa leaving at 6:40am. Coffee in hand, I fully intended on sleeping on the train. Two hours into the trip and the train comes to a halt.

There's been a tragic accident ahead of us. Someone trying to run across the tracks was struck and killed by the train heading to Toronto. How incredibly sad. Overall we were delayed by 2.5 hours by this incident. Long enough for the woman sitting behind me to miss the baptism that she was headed to. Life and death. Present. The cycle of the world us ever present today with me.

It was a big reminder to live everyday to its fullest. To be true. To be open.

Death and Life.

After a day of relaxing and catching up we were sitting on the balcony enjoying the spring air. The clouds were a stunning swirl of colour, layers and textures. The sun breaking through and its rays bathing the sky in warmth. It was a beautiful moment. And in that extended moment, I thanked the universe for all that I am fortunate to have in my life. For today, someone's family is mourning. I am fortunate. I am surrounded in love and light.

Moments to reflect.

Moments to remind.

No comments:

Post a Comment