Today I travelled from my new home town to my old home town. Being the long weekend, the traffic on the highway was atrocious. So feeling somewhat adventurous and in no rush to get home, I decided to ask my GPS for an alternative route minus the "freeways".
I soon found myself winding up an incredibly steep road up the escarpment. It was gorgeous. A slow drive up through the newly leaved trees, an array of green and maroon. The tree lined curving road went on for a good 5 minutes, it was so lovely. So calming and pretty.
Once up the "mountain" I found myself amoungst vineyards and orchards. Then the terrain changed to farmland and I was fascinated by the dirt (or dust) devils in the fields. I saw four of them in my travels home. I haven't seen these in YEARS!
Once home, my day was filled with laughter love and fun conversation. We were unexpected joined by additional family.
It was a day of new experiences, old experiences and love.
Moments to share and remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment