Thursday, May 3, 2012
Moments - D8 - Sunsets & Surprises
Today’s moment was brought out of a day of darkness and difficult moments. It was a challenging day. It was a day that I wouldn’t want to relive and I was happy when it was over.
But, even so, there was a special moment. A moment where my worries and concerns were explained away and relief set in.
Things at work have been particularly challenging the past 5 months. We’re under resourced due to a loss on the team. Everyone is feeling the pressure to keep up. Yesterday that came to a head with the lack of communication and assumptions. My surprise: An apology for the process and pains. A commitment to me and my department to take care of us. It was a sigh of relief. It could have been much, much different. I am very thankful.
And then, yesterday waiting for my girlfriend to pick me up for our post-Booty Camp comedy adventure I stopped and smiled at the sky. It was 8:30pm. The sky was a pretty pink with wispy clouds. It was beautiful. It was serene. It was a moment to pause and reflect.
Both moments to remember and share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment