Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moments -D36; Volleyball Stars

Yes, it is true, there are such things as volleyball stars.  I know, most people wouldn't even have that register (really volleyball "stars"?), but it's true they do exist!  (Unlike, say, Unicorns!)

I've always wanted to invest in a beach volleyball net, but with too many other responsibilities on my plate I didn't have the time to play as often as I'd like to justify the expense.  This year though is a different story.  This year I will have ample time to spend on the beach setting up big spikes and digging out balls.  I'll be able to share my love of the game with many others.

Today I picked up my very own beach volleyball net & accessories from Canuck Stuff.  That was a moment in itself!  But the bigger moment was meeting Mark Heese.  He's a Olympic bronze medalist for Canada.  He was incredibly sweet and helpful and I didn't make the connection of who he was until after I left the store.  Funny how things happen sometimes!

So today's moment is a nod to our Canadian athletes.  I respect the amount of time, energy and passion that they must have to become Olympians.

Meeting a Canadian Olympian made me smile today.

No comments:

Post a Comment