From: Mr. B
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:42 AM
To: JP
Subject: FW: Want to be successful? Ask yourself, What Would Kylie Do?
Thanks JP. I’m so proud of her. I hope she one day becomes as smart and as good at what she does as you.
From: Daughter of Mr. B
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:33 AM
Subject: FW: Want to be successful? Ask yourself, What Would Kylie Do?
It’s official.
From: Kylie's Boss
Sent: May-31-12 10:27 AM
Subject: Want to be successful? Ask yourself, What Would Kylie Do?
I am happy to announce that Kylie has been promoted to CEO and Chair of the Board effective immediately.
In her time at XXXXX, Kylie has proven to be the most extraordinary human on the face of the planet. Since I started wearing my “What Would Kylie Do?” bracelet I’ve become a better person. You should all wear them. Kylie is my hero.
And for those who have seen her in action, you know that negotiation is the most impressive of Kylie’s amazing skills. (In retrospect, I now regret agreeing to negotiate the content of this note and getting talked into letting Kylie write the first two paragraphs of this email.) Needless to say, the unique skill set and industry knowledge Kylie brings to XXXXX has raised the reputation of our company.
Kylie started at XXXXX as our very first events person and quickly proved her mettle with CT and their hockey program. It was at the NHL Heritage Classic in Calgary in February 2011 where we first saw Kylie in total lockdown mode for an entire week. To visualize this mode, image a hungry lion that has a zebra in its sights. It sees nothing else. It knows exactly what it wants to do. It will not stop until it kills and eats its bloodied prey. That’s Kylie in lockdown mode. If that image grosses you out, imagine a kitten chasing a ball of string. That’s Kylie, too. Either way, you want Kylie in your corner.
And she has been in the corner for some big events – many store launches and classic car road shows, but also for Mark’s and Amex events. She also was a driving force for XXXXX’s Big Day last August, from concept to execution. As we’ve all learned just how amazing Kylie is, the more her role has grown, including to help win new business such as additional projects with ZZZZZZZ. Kylie is never short on ideas, and sells her ideas driven by a sincere desire to create the best events.
And for the record, Kylie really can negotiate down any price and talk people into things they never wanted to do. But people also love working with Kylie, and deeply trust her. I mean, I could have sworn we promoted her to Account Supervisor, Events. But if Kylie says she’s CEO and Chair, then in must be true.
Congratulations your majesty.
BOSS MAN
To: Mr. B
OMG Mr. B.
First of all your compliments make me glow!
Secondly, *I* am so happy for Kylie. It sounds like she is an incredible woman and someone that is appreciated and highly respected by those she works with. In some regard, I’m a wee bit jealous. I long for a day when I am part of a team that works so cohesively and respectfully.
And finally, Mr. B, YOU are an incredible man. You had much to do with Kylie’s personality and drive for success. I only know a slice of you from the work world and that man is pretty damn impressive. I can only imagine that the whole you is ever more so. So be a “bursting-with-pride” papa. You deserve it.
Thank you for sharing such a personal, important moment in your life. It brings tears to my eyes as my heart fills with the shared joy!
From: Daughter of Mr. B
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:33 AM
Subject: FW: Want to be successful? Ask yourself, What Would Kylie Do?
It’s official.
From: Kylie's Boss
Sent: May-31-12 10:27 AM
Subject: Want to be successful? Ask yourself, What Would Kylie Do?
I am happy to announce that Kylie has been promoted to CEO and Chair of the Board effective immediately.
In her time at XXXXX, Kylie has proven to be the most extraordinary human on the face of the planet. Since I started wearing my “What Would Kylie Do?” bracelet I’ve become a better person. You should all wear them. Kylie is my hero.
And for those who have seen her in action, you know that negotiation is the most impressive of Kylie’s amazing skills. (In retrospect, I now regret agreeing to negotiate the content of this note and getting talked into letting Kylie write the first two paragraphs of this email.) Needless to say, the unique skill set and industry knowledge Kylie brings to XXXXX has raised the reputation of our company.
Kylie started at XXXXX as our very first events person and quickly proved her mettle with CT and their hockey program. It was at the NHL Heritage Classic in Calgary in February 2011 where we first saw Kylie in total lockdown mode for an entire week. To visualize this mode, image a hungry lion that has a zebra in its sights. It sees nothing else. It knows exactly what it wants to do. It will not stop until it kills and eats its bloodied prey. That’s Kylie in lockdown mode. If that image grosses you out, imagine a kitten chasing a ball of string. That’s Kylie, too. Either way, you want Kylie in your corner.
And she has been in the corner for some big events – many store launches and classic car road shows, but also for Mark’s and Amex events. She also was a driving force for XXXXX’s Big Day last August, from concept to execution. As we’ve all learned just how amazing Kylie is, the more her role has grown, including to help win new business such as additional projects with ZZZZZZZ. Kylie is never short on ideas, and sells her ideas driven by a sincere desire to create the best events.
And for the record, Kylie really can negotiate down any price and talk people into things they never wanted to do. But people also love working with Kylie, and deeply trust her. I mean, I could have sworn we promoted her to Account Supervisor, Events. But if Kylie says she’s CEO and Chair, then in must be true.
Congratulations your majesty.
BOSS MAN
From: JP
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:50 AMTo: Mr. B
OMG Mr. B.
First of all your compliments make me glow!
Secondly, *I* am so happy for Kylie. It sounds like she is an incredible woman and someone that is appreciated and highly respected by those she works with. In some regard, I’m a wee bit jealous. I long for a day when I am part of a team that works so cohesively and respectfully.
And finally, Mr. B, YOU are an incredible man. You had much to do with Kylie’s personality and drive for success. I only know a slice of you from the work world and that man is pretty damn impressive. I can only imagine that the whole you is ever more so. So be a “bursting-with-pride” papa. You deserve it.
Thank you for sharing such a personal, important moment in your life. It brings tears to my eyes as my heart fills with the shared joy!
From: Mr. B
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:52 AM
To: JP
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:52 AM
To: JP
Jen, 30 feet away my eyes, like yours, are filled with tears. You are too generous.
Yes - this is my very special moment today.
Actually, I was quite fortunate today. I had quite a few special moments today. From missing a speeding ticket, to winning a baseball game where I caught the last ball for the out, to revisiting old moments to reveal new smiles.
BUT - none of those special moments trump this moment proud papa. I was so happy to have been included in the joyful moment.
These are the moments that define us as people. Nothing else matters. Just the people around you. (IMHO)
Moments should be shared and celebrated.
No comments:
Post a Comment