Today I thought a lot about hurricanes and earthquakes. It’s an analogy that was used once to explain two incredible forces coming together. It was suggested that this was a rarity. Something that didn’t happen often and something that should be celebrated.
As much as I love the analogy, the fact that hurricanes & earthquakes don’t collide very often seems to be untrue. (What can I say, I had to google it!) There have been a few studies done where hurricanes seem to trigger earthquakes.
But I digress. The point, and the moment to be shared, is the fact that rarely do two unique souls connect and share their life experiences. Most times the differences are too great. Other times, there isn’t enough of a common thread to bother exploring. But, once in awhile there is this rare connection. Something that ties you to someone. Most times when these worlds/lives collide you are unable to explain the connection, but the fact of the matter is that this connection is undeniable and it needs to be explored.
And so - a moment of reflection. A moment of trying to understand how hurricanes and earthquakes can work together to create a new unique entity.
No comments:
Post a Comment