Thursday, June 21, 2012

Moments D57: New Friends, Old Souls

One thing about me: I believe we are all connected. I believe that we are here, as physical beings to learn and to teach. That every moment should be special. That every interaction should be focused. (I know, this isn’t always possible, but I do try to focus on situations/people as they come into my world.)

Today was a continued day of meeting many new friends, new faces. For me, this is what drives my soul. People. Talking to people. Hearing their stories and understanding how their experiences have affected them and how their shared stories entwine into my life. Sometimes this connection feels so deep and so comfortable that I swear I’ve met these people in previous lives or different universes. For me, I call them old souls. (I’ve been told once or twice that I have an old soul, so I suppose we’ve run into one another before!)

To this day, I am still amazed when it happens. I’m sure you’ve felt it too. Where you just “click” with another person. It’s that moment where you just meet someone and you’ve moved beyond the pleasantries. Where you dive into discussions about business or life or lost loves. It happens fairly quickly and without much effort at all. Before you know it you are talking about the meaning of life (42) and how one can believe in a higher being without religion being a part of it. You’re sharing some of your deepest darkest secrets without even batting an eyelash.

I really love those moments. I am inspired by those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment