Monday, June 11, 2012

Moments - D47; New friends

Today started off with a bang as I hit the ground running and ended up being late to meet my pick-up crew at the beach. It’s never a good feeling to know that you’ve let down a group of people. (I wasn’t at the beach early enough to lock down a volleyball court for us!)

I’ll admit, I had a moment of panic. What to do, what to do.

And, as has happened during much of my life, the universe opened up new doors for me. One of my team mates had connected with another group of pick-up players. These guys are serious! They’ve been doing this for the last 10 years every Sunday during the summer.

And WOW! What a crew! It was some of the best volleyball I’ve play to date this summer. The digs, the hits…I was a serving machine! It was the best 6 hours of my weekend. I came home a little burnt (even though I had slathered on a lot of sunscreen all day!) and exhausted. JUST the way I love to feel!

And so, today’s moment is about new friends. New adventures. Believing that the universe will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment