Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Moments - D42; Bruises

Yes. Seriously! Now I know you must think me crazy. But hear me out.

Bruises can bring me smiles. Not all bruises. Definitely not. But there are some that remind me of OTHER moments. Moments of a caught ball, moments of a big dig.

Today, I smile and appreciate the new bruises on my arm. Tonight's pickup volleyball was challenging (I played 2's for awhile and held my own!) and I managed to dig out some really challenging balls.

My bruises will make me stop and smile for the days they live with me. A reminder of the plays made. A reminder of the cheers and the camaraderie with new players. A reminder of the fun had on the beach on a Tuesday evening in the setting sun.

Moments with bruises. Sure - why not?

 I'll bet you are smiling now too!

No comments:

Post a Comment