I have had a cold since last Monday. It knocked me out flat for three days and I still have a lingering cough.
I gave up my workouts last week - I was simply too low energy and sick to consider pushing my body.
Today, even with the lingering cough and low energy I decided to push it. I was fearful that I'd fall into a coughing fit as our instructor pushed us hard with the aerobic portion of our workout tonight.
MUCH to my surprise, I was perfectly fine. I may have been a little slower than normal and a little less competitive to be done quickly and in perfect form, but I didn't have a coughing fit.
It was when I was pushing out my 110th push up that I realized just how resilient we can be. Even though I'm not 100% I am still able to accomplish quite a lot; it just took the ability to get past the fear of failure and some patience with self.
Now really, this kind of realization can be applied to may instances in life, not just post cold.
I love those moments where you are reminded how strong you can be.
Moments of strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment