Today has been a special kind of day. It's been filled with many magical moments. I can't just choose one to share. Why should I? So, what I AM going to do, is share the ones that stood out and list some of the others. I don't know why I was so flooded with moments, but hey, I'm going to love them all!
So - the first magical moment: A loving email from a dear friend of mine. She reminded me of being a light to others and how inspirational that can be. It warmed my heart and it was a beautiful way to start my work day.
The second magical moment: Another email from another friend. She's been finding a new path. SHE IS ON FIRE! And she reminded me that I helped to keep the spark alive. This filled my soul with such happiness. She is an amazing women and I am CERTAIN she will find her path again.
And then the day brought moments of smiles. Being told you are beautiful and kind and generous will do that in a day. I don't know why I was flooded with love, but I promise the universe that I will take this love and energy and amplify it back to those most in need.
The next kinda-cool-I-need-to-share-moment has to do with a new wondrous (to me!) food. You may (or not) know, I'm a bit of a foodie. I've tried many, many different things over the years. I have never, in my time on this earth, had a fresh almond. Today a co-worker introduced me to these furry, tart, tasty fruits. The almond flesh is tart. The almond "pit" is sweet. It's DELIGHTFUL! It's a short season (according to the blog I found about them), but I am hoping I will be able to find some at the St. Lawrence market!
How INCREDIBLE. Really! I never knew that such a thing existed! They were delicious. Here's a picture:

And better yet, I found this other blog that talks about them in great detail. Please do go read about them.
Yes - a new foodie moment. A lot of love moments. My day felt complete. But I was wrong.
This evening brought a connection of old souls and great discussions of the workings of the world around us. An impromptu moment between an 8-year old and her Mom. "Mommy - I love you"....just as I walked past. A confirmation of fun plans for the weekend....and then a surprise visit. I didn't have the productive evening I had planned for myself, but I find myself closing out my day with a warm glow from all the beautiful moments.
So tonight I pause and thank the universe for being so generous with me today. I am thankful for all the beautiful souls in my circles. I promise to cherish them every day with MANY more moments to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment