Monday, May 14, 2012
Moments - D19; Random Roads
Today was laid back relaxing kind of day spent with one of my dearest friends.
She's been going through some intense life changes, but as she finds the tools she needs to better process through those changes I've seen her confidence build. It has been soul warming to see this process. I am proud of her. I believe she will find her path and walk it with pride. I feel that time is coming soon!
Today we spent some time in the car. We were going to check out a festival, but it seemed underwhelming and over populated due to Mother's Day. So, on the fly, we decided to go for a drive. We had a direction, but no real purpose or path. We were not bound by time or desire. It reminded me that sometimes in life we need to set aside expectations and just walk the path. (Or in this case drive the path!) She and I enjoyed our 1.5 hr drive from one city to another. We experienced things we wouldn't have otherwise experienced had we not followed random roads on our journey.
It was a reminder - a moment to share and remember.
A moment to remind us to let go of plans and expectations.
A moment.
Labels:
confidence,
expectations,
moments,
reminder,
roads,
soul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment