Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moments - D14; Forgiveness & Breathing


Forgiving a deep grievance is never an easy task.  I honestly believe that people don't typically intend on hurting others.  I believe that most of the time grievances are born out of fear.  Fear of action.  Fear of inaction.  Frozen.

In my opinion (should anyone care to hear it!) is that there is too much fear in our world.  We fear failure.  We fear success.  We fear others and worst of all, we fear ourselves.  We fear looking at fear dead on.

I am a being that likes to recognize fear.  To analyze it and to question it.  This does not mean that I am without weakness to its painful grasp, for I surely am.  But I believe in love and light and sharing that love and light AND accepting that love and light from others when I am so fortunate to receive it.

In the past month, I have had several deep grievances thrust upon my being.  I don't fault the souls that fell victim to their fears, if anything I am saddened by the loss of love and light in their lives.  I forgive them for their actions.  I forgive them for their inactions.  I know these were born out of fear and not of malicious intent.  I forgive them....and I mirror back to them love and light.  May they find their way through the darkness that envelopes them.

As I have processed through some of these grievances I have learned the importance of breathing.  Of stepping away from the fear that can grip you.  Pause.  Breathe.  Repeat.

A couple of long exaggerated breaths can give a soul a wondrous change in perspective; the fear dissipates and you are filled with love and light.

Pause.  Inhale.........E X H A L E........

Repeat.

Yes - it is magical and so deliriously simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment