Sunday, May 6, 2012

Moments - D11 - A gaggle


Today's special moment was brought to me by a gaggle of geese.  Actually, I think it was a family of geese more than a gaggle, but that's just semantics.  Maybe someone knows the difference if there is one.....

Anyway!

My moment presented itself post volleyball tournament.  We had lost 8 out of 10 games.  I had fun, but it's never fun to lose more than you win.  But, when I arrived at my car, I found a family of geese sitting behind it.  As there was a fence in front of my car, this meant that I was unable to move my car until they decide to move on.  

They were adorable.  Mom, Dad and at least 8 goslings.  The goslings were wee and bright yellow.  Mom & Dad were watching over them as the babies nibbled away at the pebbles in the parking lot.  As I approached, M&D started hissing at me.  I just spoke softly and gently to them and they all started to walk away.  I'd talk and take a few steps, they'd hiss and take a couple of steps away.  The entire process of getting them away from my car took a good 10 min.  But, it was a cute 10 min.  I enjoyed those 10 minutes greatly watching the group work together.

Cute factor for today's moment.

A moment to remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment