Sunday, January 5, 2014

Moments D622: Celebrate Life

Today was a rough day as pieces of bad news made their way to me.   An old respected and loved colleague of mine lost his battle with lung cancer yesterday.  A team mate of mine lost his mother.  Another friend struggles with an ailing father.
Each a message was a reminders that life is short.  That we need to do what we can to shape each day into one that is meaningful.
So tonight, even though I was tired and would have liked to tuck in early, EQ & I ventured out for dinner with friends who were heading home tomorrow.  I'm glad that I did, for we shared a lot of laughs and stories of life, death and progress.  In the big picture, we celebrated their successes from the weekend, which is no small feat given that I've heard how challenging the training course is.
Post dinner, EQ and I celebrated life again on our own, by taking some time for just the two of us.  It was perfect. We celebrated life, the milestones we have accomplished and those we are about to set.
Moments that remind you of the fragility of life.
Moments grabbing hold and living a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment