There are days when it is not easy to get out of bed.
Today was one of those days.
There are days when the weight of the world around you feels to be too much to bear.
Today was one of those days.
There are days when your mind is simply unable to deal with one more choice.
Today was one of those days.
There are days when your body says "Take a break girl."
Today was one of those days.
Today was a slow starting day and though I wasn't feeling the best, I was very much looking forward to seeing BFF for the first time in 7.5 weeks. Not only was I in great need for a big hug, I knew she had been cooking up a storm. There was no way I was missing tonight's dinner.
Tonight was our Christmas dinner. BFF promised me before I left that she would keep all of her Christmas decorations up until we had a chance to do our Christmas together. It was an incredibly sweet gesture. Tonight, being with my "chosen family", celebrating the meaning of the holidays was exactly what the doctor ordered. Love, laughter and good food. That soothes a soul.
Our Christmas dinner was incredible. Not only were the decorations up, but BFF cooked us a full turkey dinner. But honestly, it wasn't so much the amazing food (which was indeed amazing! The pictures below will prove it!), it was the love and support I found myself surrounded in. That's what it is all about.
Moments feeling like you'd rather stay in bed with the covers over your head all day.
Moments realizing that sharing those feelings with loved ones help ease the pain.
An amazing Christmas dinner with two amazing souls:



No comments:
Post a Comment