Friday, January 24, 2014

Moments D641: Push Pins

Yes, really! Today's moment is about push pins.  What can I say, they caught me off guard after an insanely busy day in the office.

So busy, that not only didn't I leave my office all day, I barely left my desk.  So busy and focused on getting through things that I didn't even notice that I hadn't eaten my lunch (brought from home) until nearly 4 pm.  At that point, I ate my apple and kept ploughing through, right until the lights were turned out on me.  (Yes, we are "kicked out" at 6 pm now that we're part of the retail store, no late nights in the office allowed!)  

Suffice it to say, it wasn't an easy day.  

But, if ever a day to avoid going outside, it was today.  It was a silly cold day, with biting winter winds.  I knew this.  I had heard the complains all afternoon.  On my way to the car, I decided that instead of walking around to the parking lot outside, my typcial route, I would take the warmer shortcut through the condo building.  I rarely ever walk to my car this way, but today's weather begged of it.

And there they were, on the condo clear-of-news news board.    White push pins arranged in a hand-sized heart with a single red push pin dead centre.  Even my amped-up-post-work-anxious self, in that moment, making my mad dash past the news board, couldn't help but smile.

It was a perfect way to shed some of the energy from the day and re-focus on the coming weekend.

Moments noticing that someone took the time to send a smile.

Moments pausing to enjoy that simple smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment