Saturday, January 11, 2014

Moments D628: Coming and Going

Today was a very long travel day, but it's exciting to be back and starting the newest chapter of life here in Toronto and this time my love is with me.    

To that point, and a total side bar to today's moment, the fact that EQ now in Toronto with me is amazing.  Looking ahead, I'll do my best not to inundate you with "us" stories as our chapter unfolds as I know we'll be experiencing many firsts and exciting moments as the days pass.   Only the most relevant that fall into my best "daily moments" will make the cut.  I promise!

Back to today's moment.

Today's moment is very apropos to the fact that EQ and I are now travelling together.  Not only are we travelling together on the plane (for only the third time in the same direction and not to different cities!), but we are travelling together in life.  Metaphorical.  Deep, and it had me pondering the bigger picture while watching something very simple.

My moment today came as we were just leaving Atlanta, GA where we were laid over for nearly 3 hours.  Our plane was slow to make its way to our takeoff runway and as we waited on the tarmac for the final paperwork to leave, I had the opportunity to watch as other planes were landing.

The "a-ha" moment came, just as we were about to take off.  Our engine revving, another plane landed on the runway beside us.  As it was turning around to taxi back to the terminals, we began our takeoff.

As I watched, I reflected on the comings and goings of months passed.  The places, the people, the food, the experiences.  So much has happened.  I've been able to spread my wings and fly more and as a result I've grown so much.

So many comings and goings.  I found myself smiling because this time I wasn't looking at the other plane wondering how EQ was doing on his flight home.  This time he was right beside me.  Yes, beside me.

I don't know if he noticed, but I squeezed his hand a little tighter in that moment and then watched our takeoff with a big smile upon my face.

Goodbye Atlanta.  Thanks for reminding me that I'm no longer travelling alone.

Moments reflecting upon the hustle and bustle of an airport.

Moments where the coming and going planes remind you of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment