Tonight EQ & I met up with Cherry & Kailua for a late dinner at an old restaurant in the beach under new management. Brussels Bistro. While the four of us enjoyed the delightful fares of the restaurant over a three hour dinner, that isn't the moment I'd like to focus on for today. (Though I was pleasantly surprised and recommend the restaurant!)
No, today's moment comes from my circle of friends expanding tonight, with EQ. This a moment that I've been eager for since October. I like Cherry & Kailua's easy nature, I love the way they love each other and I had big hopes that the four of us would have an amazing evening together.
We did and that is today's moment. It happened. An amazing evening with new friends. But that's not much of a story, now is it?
As EQ and I made our way to the restaurant, I knew EQ was nervous. To make matters more challenging for him, where we were seated, there was a very loud table of guests right behind us. That's never a good thing when EQ struggles to hear on the best of days. I forged ahead and caught up with Cherry & Kailua post Christmas & New Years events.
Dinner was not rushed, which allowed us a lot of time to simply enjoy one another and our stories. As time passed, the energy shifted and I could tell EQ felt more at ease. No longer was the conversation simply an exchange of questions and answers, but a fluid give and take of thoughts and ideas.
Just after our appetisers, as we awaited our mains, I realized that Cherry & I were chatting while Kailua and EQ were chatting. That for me was the moment that made me smile. No longer was I trying to orchestrate the conversation to keep things fluid, but we has split into two engaged mini conversations. Brilliant, right?
By the time dessert arrived, we had dug into an even deeper conversation; a fairly controversial discussion about performance enhancing drugs in the world sports. Interesting, challenging and enlightening are adjectives that come to mind.
YES! A great conversation with wonderful people.
Not only did I enjoy the evening, but EQ did as well. Yes, sometimes it's good to open up your circle and allow others in. I'm so very happy to have made that decision earlier for tonight, it was great to see my circle expand. Our new friends, Cherry & Kailua.
Moments enjoying dinner and conversation.
Moments realizing that this is a friendship that will grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment