Sunday, January 26, 2014

Moments D643: Napping

Today, after a day like yesterday, was supposed to be a big reading day for my winter semester class.

But, it wasn't long before I realized that I wasn't going to be able to properly focus and absorb information with the aching brain I had.  

Instead of homework, EQ and I headed out for a little pampering.  My typical nail salon is closed for renovations, so we ventured a little deeper into the Beach and found Fresh Nails.  

What a gem!  We may even have a new location now for our manicures and pedicures!  Danny was a hoot!

I would have thought, after getting out for a manicure and a pedicure that I would have been found some energy to dive into my school readings.    No, not so.  

Shortly after arriving home, I sat on the couch with EQ to chat about the rest of the evening's plans.  Within moments I had fallen asleep.  Apparently my old bones needed the break (no pun intended!) because an hour later I found myself being guided to bed to continue my nap more comfortably. 

I slept for three hours in total.  That's a pretty long nap in my books!

What a nap it was!  Apparently I needed it.  My head was no longer pounding and I felt more alive again.

And that was my smile for the day.  Coming out of a three hour "nap", I was feeling better.  It wasn't productive, but it was exactly what I needed.

Moments giving in to what your body is calling for.

Moment realizing that your health and well-being are the most important thing, everything else stems from that solid base.

No comments:

Post a Comment