Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Moments D597: Italian Servers..... not

Today felt like an incredibly long day.  Getting up at 5:30am after going to bed late last night, was a bit of a challenge!    After finally making it through the day,  I was very much looking forward to our dinner with friends. 

Which ended up being a touch delayed.   Oooh tired soul.   You can make it.  Right? 
When our dinner reservation finally arrived,  I was happy to enjoy a few appetizers as we waited for the last of our guests, who were running late. 

And then things started to get a little strange.   Strange questions.   Wine coming and then being taken away. Extra servers coming by.  Yup.  Spidy-sense was on high. 

And then I had three people coming out of the kitchen with a tray with the wine.   I wasn't sure why.   I noticed that the gent holding the tray had a big white ball hat down very low on his head.   I couldn't see his eyes.   Then I noticed my Mom standing beside this "guy".  And it hit me.  That's my parents.   My parents have flown into California.  They were here in front of me!

After a while lot of laughs, our wine was opened and poured and we toasted friends and family. 

What a wonderful, beautiful surprise. 

Moments when family randomly shows up for dinner.   

Moments realizing they flew 3000 miles to do so!   Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment