Sunday, December 8, 2013

Moments D594: And then I saw him.....

Today was a travel day for me.  With delays and near missed connections, I was more than a little relieved to finally make it into LAX as I knew that EQ and his mother were going to be picking me up at the airport. Yes, that's right, today I was going to be able to meet EQ's mother in person and I certainly didn't want them to be waiting too long for me.

I didn't know where I'd meet up with EQ and his mother.  In the past he's simply picked me up instead of parking and coming in to meet me.  But today, today I had a special treat.

As I came around the corner, into the baggage claim area, I caught EQ`s profile in my peripheral vision.  What a treat!  I was not expecting to see him in the baggage claim area.  My heart jumped a little, but I wasn't ready to let on that I had seen him!  Instead of acknowledging him right away, I kept walking, so I could be closer to him when our eyes met.  (What can I say, I thought it would be more fun that way!)

As I turned the corner of the second baggage claim he was walking fast to meet me on my side.  We both broke out in to big, bright smiles and quickly fell into each others arms.   It was perfect timing.

The moment was a welcomed and long awaited one.  Add in the small element of surprise to add in another level of depth to the moment and it really was perfect.

Moments that sneak up on you.

Moments enjoying the surprise of a loved one finding you in a crowded room.

No comments:

Post a Comment