Sunday, December 15, 2013

Moments D601: Walk down memory lane

Today EQ received the last of his cards in the mail from me.  Cards.  Yes, that's right.  I wrote him a card a day while we were apart this last time.  I believe that was 19 cards in total.  Crazy?  Definitely.  Fun?  Absolutely, especially when they didn't arrive in order!

Today, he received the last four cards.  One of them was lost from early on in my writings.  What fun it was to have it arrive today.  The other three were the last, and he read them in order, as they were meant to be received.

And frankly it was a good day for him to have received them, after having a couple of very challenging days under his belt.

The last card I wrote was on the morning I was flying to California.  In it, I summarized our relationship milestones and moments that I thought would help us both to remember deeper into those milestones.  Key words if you will.

Today's moment was the two of us enjoying a glass of sparkling red wine as we walked through the last 6 months of milestones together.  For each noted milestone moment from the card, I asked EQ to share with me some of his fondest memories of those moments.  The minutes turned to hours as we both, luxuriously, enjoyed the walk down memory lane.

Moments pausing to reflect on the past.

Moments knowing that the future is bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment