The energy today was strange. The full moon is definitely on its way. Strange questions. Stranger answers (or worse, non-answers). I was happy that it was Friday, even if I did work late. But believe me, it felt damn good to put it all aside and focus on my family this evening.
That said, I was worried that my energy levels would be low as my day was so taxing. But as shortly after my very excited parents arrived, their energy was easily transferred over. I was grateful that it worked out that way! Why? Because we had a big night planned. Dinner and a card game!
Dinner at Don Jose's was delightful. Two delicious lime margaritas for me, two delicious strawberry margaritas for Mom, and two delicious mango margaritas for Dad. Too bad we didn't have a bottomless drinks like EQ's pink lemonade! We luxuriated over our food and drinks for nearly 3 hours. It was a perfect dinner. Lots of laughs, some serious stories, challenging questions to answer and taking a moment to catch up EQ's server-friends. We were stuffed both with food and love by the time we left the restaurant.
But though our dinner was fantastic, today's moment was really about sharing one of our favourite family games with EQ. Bohnanza! We have (seriously!) proliferated the awareness of this game....far and wide. From friends of family, to friends-of-friends. It`s a quick game to learn, and a ton of fun to play.
And so, the four of us played a round of Bohnanza to close out the night. Having not played many games (cards or otherwise) EQ was cool to the idea. My parents, on-the-other-hand, love this game. And so, we gently encouraged EQ to give it a go. In the end, so many laughs. And the quote of the evening: "you are useless to me."
And you know what? EQ used the line once or twice too! Haaa HA!
EQ may have been a touch shocked at "game-play-talk", but 'tis our family way. We laugh, we poke, we may even tease and cajole, but it's all in the name of the fun. Yes, even competitive me. I may poke a little more, but it is still only for fun. (I promise!)
If you haven't played Bohnanza, I suggest you give it a go. It makes a great hostess gift too!
Moments enjoying family time on a Friday night.
Moments digging into an old game with a new player.
No comments:
Post a Comment