Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Moments D604: Music as a bridge

Today was filled with a few magical moments, from a long, LONG hot shower to melt away the last of yesterday's grime to learning about the "love bubble".  (And believe me, learning about the love bubble could be a blog post on its own!)  But today's moment comes the most special of moments that found me today.

Tonight EQ & I went to have dinner with Tree and her husband and my moment comes from an unexpected tender moment while we were visiting with them.  But before I share that moment, I want to take the time to share the naming of Tree's husband.  Over the time I've spent with him, more and more of his personality has shone through.  The people, the places, the reputation he has, all tie to the name that I found to best encompass his energy.  Baldr.  A Norse God representing beauty, innocence, peace, and rebirth. The brave, shining one.    It's perfect in my very biased opinion!

So, back to my moment with a little history to fill out the story.

Tree & Baldr have their 14 year old niece living with them. As with any big life change, there have been challenges along the way with their niece staying with them.  Fortunately, Tree & Baldr have been shining their light ever so brightly on their niece to help her find her own bright path in life and from what little I know of the bigger picture, I can't help but feel deep in my heart that they are making big steps forward with her.

As for their niece, I've met her on a couple of occasions now.  She's a bright, engaged and aware.  Truly an old soul in a 14 year old temple.  I shouldn't have been surprised at what happened just before dinner, but I was.  Pleasantly so.

The tender moment was inspired by a Pink Floyd concert t-shirt that Tree & Baldr's niece was wearing.  EQ immediately connected with her speaking the universal language of music.  Within seconds they were swapping music preferences and stories related to music.  This was no quick, light conversation.  It went on for some time.  I just sat and watched and enjoyed the energy exchange between the two of them.  Both were fully engaged and nearly oblivious to the rest of us mulling about the table.  I was mesmerized.

It was a beautiful moment.

And then our delightful homemade veggie curry dinner was ready, and the magical musical moment dissipated into good positive conversation amoungst the 5 of us.

Moments connecting with a younger generation through music.

Moments enjoying friends and their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment