Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Moments D596: Volcanic Sunsets

Funny.  I actually had another moment blog drafted.  And then I stepped outside to head out to a show with EQ.  We were running a touch late, but I couldn't help myself.  I stopped and stared at the beautiful sunset over the Ortega mountains.

Stunning.

The world stopped spinning for a moment.

And I snapped a couple of photos.



And within a couple of minutes, the moment was gone.  That magical angle of the sun hitting the ocean on the other side of the mountains, reflecting upon the perfectly positioned clouds.  Gone.  Five minutes, at most, of one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen.

A perfect reminder of how fleeting life can be.  Hold on tight to things that matter.  Focus on the things the things that matter.  Share your energy in places where it will be amplified and reflected back.  Because life is too short to be sad.

Moments running late, but pausing to experience the joy of natural beauty.

Moments where natural beauty reminds you to appreciate the things that matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment