Monday, December 23, 2013

Moments D609: Memories of a little girl

After a day of many adventures, the four of us headed to the Jazz bar to enjoy a set of  The Bart Walker Band before calling it a night.  First, before I share my moment of the day, I have to say that Bart and his crew were intense and sounded amazing.  Please do go and check out his smooth and gravelly bluesy sound!

Today's moment arrived while the four of us were sitting, feeling the music and enjoying a glass of wine.  A young father and his daughter came into the bar.  They sat in the third row from the stage, just in front of EQ, my parents & I.  If I had to guess, the daughter was likely 7 or 8 years old.  She was a petite thing and was quick to sit and curl her legs under her and lean into her father as they sat down.

Dad wrapped an arm around her curled up body and held her close.  The two of them swayed to the music Bart and his crew shared with us.  It was a special moment for me because it brought a flood of memories back to me.

Daddy's little girl.  Even at nearly 40, I'm still Daddy's little girl and I remember moments that he and I shared just like this when I was actually a little girl.

I was a lucky child that way.  My parents took me places that some parents wouldn't dare to bring children. (as this father did).  I suppose part of the reason they were confident enough to do that is because my brother and I were (mostly!) well behaved children.

And so, as I watched that father and daughter sit and watch the band, I couldn't help but to think back to 32 years ago and remember when my own father and I enjoying music together.  Sitting beside him on the piano bench as he played piano, singing along to tunes in the car, and even starting up chants and jingles while in a restaurant!  We were a silly fun young family.

And you know what?  We're still a silly fun family.  Just older now.

Moments enjoying music with family.

Moments remember enjoying music and family 32 years ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment